HELLO!

Welcome to Covington Creek Candle Company! I'm so glad you stopped in for a visit. I'm committed to creating a stable lifestyle by self sufficiency. Prices are going to keep going up. Food recalls are increasing. I don't know about you but I like to know how my food was grown and that I'm the one that canned it. I want to help everyone become more self sufficient whether you live in a apartment, the burbs, a acre or two or more. Of course we can't do everything but I think you will be amazed at how much control you can have.

My home business now includes quilted items and rustic home crafts in addition to creating the best and healthiest cold process soap, 100% pure soy candles, bees wax candles and natural/organic salves and lip balm as possible. Many say I have the best Fort Wayne handcrafted soap, salves and candles. I still haven't found the right place to open a brick and mortar store so www.covingtoncreekcandles.com will have the cold process soap rotating. But email me if there is a special item you are looking for and I will do my best to create it. I am all about customer satisfaction. I am continuing to look for a few acres to grow my own ingredients and move the shop part out of my home and into a separate building.

I am trying to help make this a greener and healthier place to live. We can do this thru more self sufficiency and preparedness. I would love for you to come along on my journey because that is what life is - a journey. If there is a subject you would like more information on let me know at covingtoncreekcandles@comcast.net

Shop Now: www.covingtoncreekcandles.com or join me at my Etsy store www.etsy.com/shop/CovingtonCreekCandle.

Thursday, October 10, 2013







Apple season is here and this is a great idea for those cool fall nights or winter gatherings  Make a Wassail to fill the cups with for a traditional winter drink

1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 large orange, quartered with peel
2 quarts apple cider

Directions


Place allspice whole cloves and ground nutmeg in a cheesecloth bag and place in large saucepan.  Let orange and cinnamon stick loose in pan.  Pour apple cider in saucepan and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover with lid and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.  Discard cheesecloth bag, cinnamon stick and orange pieces.  Pour in apple cup, place fresh cinnamon stick to give a little extra spice and use as a stir stick.  Do not try to use the cinnamon stick as a straw - trust me it doesn't work.


A modern way to make it is - place filter in coffee basket, and fill with brown sugar, allspice, cloves, cinnamon stick, salt, nutmeg, and orange wedges. Pour apple cider into coffee pot where the water usually goes. Brew, and serve hot.


For a little less spicy try the one below.

2 quarts apple cider 
1-1/2 cups orange juice 
 3/4 cup pineapple juice
 1 tablespoon brown sugar 
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice 
 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches) 
Dash ground ground Cinnamon (I like to scrape the cinnamon sticks a little over the pot. 
Dash ground cloves 

Directions 
In a large saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve hot in mugs. Yield: 10-12 servings (2-1/2 quarts).